Break the Chain: Local Restaurant Week is Served Up All Next Week
An Event of Gastronomical Proportions
Stash your tight jeans in the back of the closet and tune up your knife and folk, food fans.
Would you believe next week we are once again celebrating the Spring version of Local Restaurant Week, running from March 31 through April 6?
Here’s the dish from organizer Christa Hobart:
“Local Restaurant Week is a biannual event that celebrates the vital role our local independent restaurants and vendors play in contributing to Western New York’s cultural identity and regional economy.”
And that’s just for starters, she said.
“For diners, it’s also an opportunity to sample new foods and experiences at our local independent restaurants. With features starting at just $20.14, diners have a great reason to skip the usual national chains and give local independent restaurants a try. Of course, the money diners spend at our locally owned independent restaurants stays right here in WNY and helps make our community stronger,” Hobart noted.
- Includes 200 participating restaurants: casual, fine dining, ethnic and eclectic
- $8 million annual local economic impact
- Local food service industry is the region’s second largest employer
- Local independent restaurants contribute immeasurably to our regional culture
- Encourages participating restaurants to support local vendors