Text Us: #30930
Phone: (800) 616 WBEN
Business: (716) 843-0600
A   A   A
This image released by the FBI shows a 2011 photo of Aaron Alexis, who police believe was a gunman at the Washington Navy Yard shooting in Washington, Monday morning, Sept. 16, 2013, and who was killed after he fired on a police officer. At least one gunman launched an attack inside the Washington Navy Yard, spraying gunfire on office workers in the cafeteria and in the hallways at the heavily secured military installation in the heart of the nation's capital, authorities said. (AP Photo/FBI)

DC Navy Yard Shooter Was Reservist Until 2011



WASHINGTON (AP) - The Navy says a gunman who opened fire inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard was a full-time reservist from 2007 to 2011.
  
The Navy said in a release Monday that 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, of Texas, left the Navy on Jan. 31, 2011, as a petty officer 3rd class. It's not immediately clear why he left.
  
Alexis had been working for the fleet logistics support squadron No. 46, in Fort Worth, Texas. The Navy says his home of record was New York City.
  
Alexis was one of 13 people killed during the rampage.

Filed Under :  
Locations : Fort WorthNew York CityTexasWashington
People : Aaron Alexis
Poll
Who should run against Hilllary Clinton for President?
  Jeb Bush
  Chris Christie
  Ted Cruz
  Mike Huckabee
  Rand Paul
  Paul Ryan
  Marco Rubio
 
View Results