"We are looking for 2 to 4 inches and that will hit pretty much the entire listening area," Meteorologist Bob Hamilton tells WBEN adding that it will be a tough drive to work for some Monday morning.
"This afternoon things should have tapered off for most areas., so it's probably a good thing that it's a holiday but it's not going to be fun driving this morning,' he says
READ THE ENTIRE WEATHER ADVISORY HERE
READ: AccuWeather Forecast
READ: The Extended Forecast
437 AM EST MON JAN 20 2014
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EST THIS
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EST
* LOCATIONS...THE NIAGARA FRONTIER...GENESEE VALLEY AND FINGER
* TIMING...THIS MORNING THROUGH MID AFTERNOON.
* HAZARDS...ACCUMULATING SNOWS PRODUCING HAZARDOUS DRIVING
* ACCUMULATIONS...TWO TO FOUR INCHES.
* VISIBILITIES...UNDER A HALF MILE AT TIMES.
* TEMPERATURES...FALLING THROUGH THE 20S AND INTO THE TEENS.
* IMPACTS...SNOW COVERED ROADS WILL RESULT IN HAZARDOUS DRIVING
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NORMALLY ISSUED FOR A VARIETY OF
WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS SUCH AS LIGHT SNOW, BLOWING SNOW,
SLEET, FREEZING RAIN AND WIND CHILLS. WHILE THE WEATHER WILL BE
SIGNIFICANT, THE WORD ADVISORY IMPLIES THAT SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
IS NOT ANTICIPATED.