These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WBEN- 930 AM and 107.7FM (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Amherst, NY 14226 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.wben.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Starting on July 18, 2013 at12am through August 15, 2013 at 10am, owners or spouses of owners of a single family or multi-family stand-alone home (and such home must be located within Erie or Niagara County) may log on to www.wben.com, click on “Contests”, then the “WBEN’s Housewarmers: Bathroom Edition” Link and then complete and submit the online entry form including an essay about “why you want a bathroom makeover” in no more than 200 words (only the first 200 words will be read). Essay need not be truthful.
3. Each weekday from July 22, 2013 through August 16, 2013, Station will select three entries from all entries received cumulatively through 10am on the immediately preceding weekday based on any lawful criteria that the Station deems desirable. The station will then announce the name and town of the entrant of one of the three entries designated for that particular weekday at approximately 7am, the second of the three entries at approximately 10am, and the third of the three entries at approximately 5pm. If you hear your name announced on air on WBEN, you must call station at 716-644-9875 within 93 minutes after your name is FIRST announced. Actual entrants who do so will be included for consideration in the grand prize portion of this contest, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules (each, a “Qualifier” and collectively, the “Qualifiers”). If the actual person named/entered fails to call back within that time frame, he/she will not win any prize in this contest and his/her associated selected entry will not be returned for future consideration in this contest. If station does not receive enough entries to select any entry or any subsequent drawing, the station will cancel future plays of the contest (with no rescheduling or cancelled plays) unless/until subsequent entries are received before close of entry in this Contest. ONLY CALLS RECEIVED AT 716-644-9875 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A CALL WAS RECEIVED AT THAT NUMBER WITHIN 93 MINUTES OR THE FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NAME. DO NOT RELY ON BROADCASTS STREAMED ON THE INTERNET…BECAUSE THESE STREAMED BROADCASTS ARE DELAYED.
4. On or about August 19, 2013, WBEN will select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all Qualifiers only based on any lawful criteria the Station deems desirable, including, without limitation, the most creative reason you want a kitchen makeover, originality, intelligence, knowledge, and/or humor (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules). The potential Grand Prize winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 with John & Susan in the 7am hour. Potential Grand Prize Winner need not be listening to win. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted via telephone by August 20, 2013 at the telephone number provided to Station in his or her entry.
5. Up to one grand prize will be awarded in this contest. The verified grand prize winner will receive (total retail value of up to $21,308; actual value will depend on numerous factors including, without limitation, size of bathroom, existing items that winner does not want to replace, selections made by winner) :
- A certificate which expires on 8/25/2014 from Cortese Brother Construction located at 2300 George Urban Blvd Depew, NY 14043 for general contracting work valued at up to $12,000 including coordinating the project and securing necessary work permits, removing existing fixtures and floor finishing, providing and installing an up to 60” Integrity Oxford door style, select series, Oak stained vanity (stain color TBD), installing tile floor over ½ plywood, installing prize fixtures as per fixture list (any additional plumbing or electrical, carpentry or drywall work is not included), and removing debris and coordinating donations to Habitat for Humanity of any reusable items. Must schedule initial appointment within 30 days of winning. No drywall removal or replacement. No window or door replacement. No painting included. No trim work, except for new floor base board. No exterior work. No window work. No structural work, no rot replacement. No reframing of walls. No relocation of plumbing or electrical except for lighting. Value up to $12,000.
- A certificate which expires on 8/25/2014 from Visionary Baths and More located at 908 Niagara Falls Blvd North Tonawanda, NY 14120 for any in-stock Kohler branded product including toilet, bathtub and/or faucet that does not exceed a total retail list price of $3,000 at any of their 3 Western New York locations. If the value of the prize exceeds this amount, the winner is responsible for any additional costs at the time of selection. There is no monetary value for products selected under the $3,000 list price. Any taxes, fees, and the like are solely paid for by the contest winner. Winner must make initial appointment within 30 days of winning. The winner’s in-store product selection process includes one hour of consultation time with one of Visionary Bath and More’s sales associates. Value $3,000.
- A certificate which expires 8/25/2014 from Sortie Creations located at 11283 Route 20A East Aurora, NY 14052 for an up to 72-inch countertop from granite remnant with up to 4-inch backsplash, up to 2 sides and up to 2 undermount sink preps. Winner will have choice of 3 standard edges and will minimally have 8 remnant selections to choose from. Winner must make initial appointment with 30 days of winning. Value up to $1,308.
- A certificate which expires 8/25/2014 from Plumbing Help Now located in West Seneca NY 14224 for plumbing work to be provided for installation/reconnection of the new fixtures including bath/shower, toilet and sink. Any moving of fixtures will be at homeowner’s expense. Bath/show, toilet and sink to be provided by other prize sponsor. Winner must be initial appointment within 30 days of winning. Value of plumbing work not to exceed $1,500.
- A certificate which expires 8/25/2014 from MJM Electric located at 453 Richmond Ave Buffalo, NY 14222 for electrical services from up to two electricians for up to two days with materials for wiring the new electrical fixtures. Prize does not include light fixtures. If additional parts or electrical work is needed, winner may elect to buy own parts, hire own electrician, and/or make separate agreement with MJM Electric. Winner must make initial appointment within 30 days of winning. Value up to $1,500.
- A certificate which expires 8/25/2014 from Twin City Glass located at 856 Wurlitzer Drive North Tonawanda, NY 14150 for a custom shower door and mirror with installation. Winner must make initial appointment within 30 days of winning. Value of up to $2,000.
6. Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of any Grand Prize that involves installation and delivery to Grand Prize Winner’s residence and for dealing directly with all contractors. Station shall not be responsible for any work done by participating contractors. Above listed prizes may be subject to other restrictions communicated to Grand Prize Winner. This Grand Prize (in its entirety) will be forfeited if the selected winner or his/her legal spouse, on the date of winning, is not the record owner of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) that is located within Erie or Niagara County (“Home”). ALL INSTALLATION, SERVICES AND DELIVERY MAY ONLY BE PERFORMED AT THE HOME. Station reserves the right to require that the selected winner provide one or more documents to evidence eligibility and qualification (including, without limitation, deeds and tax records). Failure to provide any requested documents by the deadline requested by the Station will result in automatic disqualification -- in which case, an alternate winner may be selected by Station (in its sole discretion) in this Contest from among all other Qualifiers.
7. The Grand Prize Winner must have a standard homeowner’s insurance policy on the home before any work will commence. Station may require proof of such policy.
9. GRAND PRIZE WINNER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM WORK BEING CONDUCTED IN THEIR HOME AND AGREES TO COMPLETELY RELEASE STATION FROM ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE DAMAGE OF ANY PROPERTY OR INJURY OF ANY PERSON IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRIZE AND THE WORK TO BE PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT RELIEVE THE CONTRACTORS PERFORMING ANY WORK AT THE HOME FROM ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION TO THE WINNER OR OTHERS.
10. Prizes are subject to availability and excluded items (for example, tax or goods from a particular manufacturer). In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
11. In no event may any remaining “excess” from any of the categories above be transferred to a different category and winner will NOT be entitled to any cash value or alternative prize if the full value of any certificate or prize above is not or cannot be utilized by winner. Winner may be required to obtain any necessary permits. Work will be performed based upon availability of required materials, scheduling availability of the installer and mutual agreement between winner and installer/prize provider.
12, In the event that any of the above items is reasonably expected to exceed the value caps above, winner will be required to pay the excess in cash to the contractor, which may request such cash in advance. In the alternative (except in the event of unforeseen complications), the winner may instead elect (when possible) to reduce elements or requests to keep the total value within the above caps. Any upgrades, alterations or specific requests made by the winner that would result in a total value of labor and/or costs that exceed the above caps will result in winner being responsible for paying the excess above the caps in cash to the contractor, which may request such cash in advance.
13. The actual total prize value will be determined on or before September 30, 2013 and will be based on the specific needs of the bathroom/home in question (and this will be the amount for which the winner will receive a 1099 for 2013 based on, regardless of whether the services are completed in 2013 or not). Winner may be requested to provide verifiable and unaltered third party invoices from the provider/installer to evidence the actual value provided or, in the absence of such acceptable documentation, Station may rely on the values provided by the individual suppliers/installers/prize providers after the fact or based on the maximum possible value of such prize elements. In no event will the prize provided exceed a value of $21,308.
14. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Buffalo, LLC, MJM Electric, Cortese Brothers Construction, Sortie Creations, Visionary Baths and More, Plumbing Help Now and Twin City Glass.