WBEN’S Housewarmers: Backyard Edition
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WBEN- 930 AM and 107.7FM (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Amherst, NY 14226 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.wben.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter and Win
1. No purchase necessary.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Starting on July 12, 2012 at12am through August 2, 2012 at 10am, owners or spouses of owners of a single family or multi-family stand-alone home (and such home must be located within Erie or Niagara County) may log on to www.wben.com, click on “Contests”, then the “WBEN’s Housewarmers: Backyard Edition” Link and then complete and submit the online entry form including an essay about “why you want a backyard makeover” in no more than 200 words (only the first 200 words will be read). Essay need not be truthful.
3. Each weekday from July 16, 2012 through August 3, 2012, Station will select three entries from all entries received cumulatively through 10am on the immediately preceding weekday based on any lawful criteria that the Station deems desirable. The station will then announce the name and town of the entrant of one of the three entries designated for that particular weekday at approximately 7am, the second of the three entries at approximately 10am, and the third of the three entries at approximately 5pm. If you hear your name announced on air on WBEN, you must call station at 716-644-9875 within 93 minutes after your name is FIRST announced. Actual entrants who do so will be included for consideration in the grand prize portion of this contest, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules (each, a “Qualifier” and collectively, the “Qualifiers”). If the actual person named/entered fails to call back within that time frame, he/she will not win any prize in this contest and his/her associated selected entry will not be returned for future consideration in this contest. If station does not receive enough entries to select any entry or any subsequent drawing, the station will cancel future plays of the contest (with no rescheduling or cancelled plays) unless/until subsequent entries are received before close of entry in this Contest. ONLY CALLS RECEIVED AT 716-644-9875 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A CALL WAS RECEIVED AT THAT NUMBER WITHIN 93 MINUTES OR THE FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NAME. DO NOT RELY ON BROADCASTS STREAMED ON THE INTERNET…BECAUSE THESE STREAMED BROADCASTS ARE DELAYED.
4. On or about August 6, 2012, WBEN will select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all Qualifiers only based on any lawful criteria the Station deems desirable, including, without limitation, the most creative reason you want a kitchen makeover, originality, intelligence, knowledge, and/or humor (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules). The potential Grand Prize winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 with John & Susan in the 7am hour. Potential Grand Prize Winner need not be listening to win. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted via telephone by August 7, 2012 at the telephone number provided to Station in his or her entry.
5. Up to one grand prize will be awarded in this contest. The verified grand prize winner will receive (total retail value of up to $22,497; actual value will depend on numerous factors including, without limitation, size of backyard, existing items that winner does not want to replace, selections made by winner) :
- A certificate which expires on 12/31/12 from 84 Lumber located at 1019 Route 519, Eighty Four, PA 15330 for Timber Tech floor boards and railing, treated lumber frame, and hardware to build a up to a 10x20 composite deck on your home. Design and installation not included. Homeowner responsible for all permits and codes. Materials only from 84 Lumber must be delivered to winner’s home by expiration date. Valued at $6,000.
- A certificate which expires on 12/31/12 from 84 Lumber located at 1019 Route 519, Eighty Four, PA 15330 for a gable storage shed up to 12' x 16' (or other standard size 8' x 8', 8' x 12', 10' x 12') included all material to build basic backyard gable shed package. Installation not included. Homeowner responsible for all permits and codes. Materials only from 84 Lumber must be delivered to winner’s home by expiration date. Valued at $1,249.
- A certificate which expires 7/31/13 from Cortese Brothers Construction located at 2300 George Urban Blvd Depew, NY 14043 for installation of decking and shed material supplied by 84 Lumber. Labor only. Homeowner responsible for removal of all landscaping, obtaining all necessary permits, and all electrical work. Cortese Brothers will also supply the piers used to install the deck which will be up to 10x20. Value $13,700
- A certificate which expires 7/31/13 from Kohler Awning located at 2600 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga, NY 14225 for a Patio Awning up to 10' x 20'. Winner will have choice of several fabric, styles, and color options. Design and installation included. Value $3,500
- A certificate which expires on 7/31/13 from Majestic Pools and Spas located at 6315 Transit Road, Depew, NY 14043 for a Club Pro Rust Free Aluminum Mirage Patio set with Table, 4 chairs and Umbrella. Winner must pick up patio set at Majestic Pools and Spas by expiration date. Retail Value $699
- A $500 gift certificate which expires on 7/31/13 from Huber Electric located at 231 Chamberlin Drive, Buffalo, NY 14210. Winner will receive a consultation/estimate to determine what they want to do in the back yard electrically. Gift certificate good towards materials, an electrical permit (if needed) and/or labor (Hourly rate $72.00/hr.). Value $500
- A $250 gift certificate which expires 7/31/13 from Lakeside Sod and Supply located at 6660 Goodrich Road, Clarence Center, NY 14032 good towards sod, seed, lawn care products, or any other items at Lakeside Sod and Supply. Value $250.
6. Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of any Grand Prize that involves installation and delivery to Grand Prize Winner’s residence and for dealing directly with all contractors. Station shall not be responsible for any work done by participating contractors. Above listed prizes may be subject to other restrictions communicated to Grand Prize Winner. This Grand Prize (in its entirety) will be forfeited if the selected winner or his/her legal spouse, on the date of winning, is not the record owner of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) that is located within Erie or Niagara County (“Home”). ALL INSTALLATION, SERVICES AND DELIVERY MAY ONLY BE PERFORMED AT THE HOME. Station reserves the right to require that the selected winner provide one or more documents to evidence eligibility and qualification (including, without limitation, deeds and tax records). Failure to provide any requested documents by the deadline requested by the Station will result in automatic disqualification -- in which case, an alternate winner may be selected by Station (in its sole discretion) in this Contest from among all other Qualifiers.
7. The Grand Prize Winner must have a standard homeowner’s insurance policy on the home before any work will commence. Station may require proof of such policy.
8. Like all work in a home, there is always the possibility of significant delays (due to delays in obtaining materials, supplies, third party contractors, etc…) before, during or after the construction of work and/or increased costs or time due to unforeseen circumstances or conditions. Grand Prize Winner understands and accepts any such risk of delay or increased costs in excess of the line item caps above. Winner understands and agrees that Station and its sponsors are not responsible for any delays or increased costs, except with respect to a specific sponsor if the delay is due solely to the gross misconduct or gross negligence of the sponsor.
9. GRAND PRIZE WINNER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM WORK BEING CONDUCTED IN THEIR HOME AND AGREES TO COMPLETELY RELEASE STATION FROM ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE DAMAGE OF ANY PROPERTY OR INJURY OF ANY PERSON IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRIZE AND THE WORK TO BE PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT RELIEVE THE CONTRACTORS PERFORMING ANY WORK AT THE HOME FROM ANY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION TO THE WINNER OR OTHERS.
10. Prizes are subject to availability and excluded items (for example, tax or goods from a particular manufacturer). In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
11. In no event may any remaining “excess” from any of the categories above be transferred to a different category and winner will NOT be entitled to any cash value or alternative prize if the full value of any certificate or prize above is not or cannot be utilized by winner. Winner may be required to obtain any necessary permits. Work will be performed based upon availability of required materials, scheduling availability of the installer and mutual agreement between winner and installer/prize provider.
12, In the event that any of the above items is reasonably expected to exceed the value caps above, winner will be required to pay the excess in cash to the contractor, which may request such cash in advance. In the alternative (except in the event of unforeseen complications), the winner may instead elect (when possible) to reduce elements or requests to keep the total value within the above caps. Any upgrades, alterations or specific requests made by the winner that would result in a total value of labor and/or costs that exceed the above caps will result in winner being responsible for paying the excess above the caps in cash to the contractor, which may request such cash in advance.
13. The actual total prize value will be determined on or before September 30, 2012 and will be based on the specific needs of the backyard/home in question (and this will be the amount for which the winner will receive a 1099 for 2012 based on, regardless of whether the services are completed in 2012 or not). Winner may be requested to provide verifiable and unaltered third party invoices from the provider/installer to evidence the actual value provided or, in the absence of such acceptable documentation, Station may rely on the values provided by the individual suppliers/installers/prize providers after the fact or based on the maximum possible value of such prize elements. In no event will the prize provided exceed a value of $22,997.
14. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Buffalo, LLC, Huber Electric, Cortese Brothers Construction, 84 Lumber, Majestic Pools and Spas, Kohler Awning, and Lakeside Sod and Supplies.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
15. In addition to the requirements set-forth in the general contest rules, the entrant or his/her legal spouse on the date of winning (if applicable) must be the record owner of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) that is located within Erie or Niagara County.