I Hate My Furnace
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WBEN-AM (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Amherst, NY 14226 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.wben.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter and Win
1. No purchase necessary.
2. To participate in this contest, you must be an Insider Club member (it is free to join) and comply with the requirements in Section 11 below. Go to www.wben.com, sign up or log in as a Insider Club member, then click on the “I Hate My Furnace” icon and complete and submit a specific on-line entry blank for this Contest between September 19, 2012 at 12am and October 11, 2012 at 10am by providing your name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers (including area code), email address, age (“Entrants”) and an essay about “why you hate your furnace” in no more than 200 words (only the first 200 words will be read). Essay need not be truthful.
3. Each weekday from September 24, 2012 through October 12, 2012, Station will select three entries from all entries received cumulatively through 10am on the immediately preceding weekday based on any lawful criteria that the Station deems desirable. The station will then announce the name and town of the entrant of one of the three entries designated for that particular weekday at approximately 7am, the second of the three entries at approximately 10am, and the third selected daily entry at 5pm. If you hear your name announced on air on WBEN, you must call station at 716-644-9875 within 93 minutes after your name is FIRST announced. Actual entrants who do so will win a “Air Conditioning or Furnace Super Tune-Up” from Reimer Heating and Air Conditioning and his/her entry will be included for consideration in the grand prize portion of this contest, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules (each a “Qualifier” and collectively the “Qualifiers”). If the actual person named/entered fails to call back within that time frame, he/she will not win any prize in this contest and his/her associated selected entry will not be returned for future consideration in this contest. If station does not receive enough entries to select any entry or any subsequent drawing, the station will cancel future plays of the contest (with no rescheduling of cancelled plays) unless/until subsequent entries are received. ONLY CALLS RECEIVED AT 716-644-9875 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A CALL WAS RECEIVED AT THAT NUMBER WITHIN 93 MINUTES OF THE FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NAME. DO NOT RELY ON BROADCASTS STREAMED ON THE INTERNET…BECAUSE THESE STREAMED BROADCASTS ARE DELAYED.
4. On or about October 15, 2012, WBEN will select one (1) Grand Prize winner from all Qualifiers essays based on any lawful criteria the Station deems desirable, including, without limitation, the most creative answer to “why you hate your furnace”, originality, intelligence, knowledge, and/or humor. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 with John & Susan in the 7am hour. Potential Grand Prize Winner does not need to listen to win. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted via telephone by October 16, 2012 at the telephone number provided to Station in his or her entry. Station will only be required to leave one message at telephone number provided in potential Grand Prize Winner’s entry in the event someone other than the potential Grand Prize Winner answers the phone or an answering machine is reached. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact.
5. There will be up to 45 qualifying prizes in this contest. Each verified Qualifier will receive a certificate for an “Air Conditioning or Furnace Super Tune-Up” from Reimer Heating and Air Conditioning valued at $189 and expires December 31, 2012. The tune-up includes cleaning of your cooling or heating system to a factory fresh condition. Any additional work recommended to winner will be in writing and require winner’s authorization prior to starting.
6. Only one grand prize will be awarded in this contest. The verified grand prize winner will receive a Xenon 13 Seer Hybrid System furnace/air conditioner approximately 32 ¼” high, 26” deep, and 26” wide (valued at $5,125) with installation by Reimer Heating and Air included. THIS HEATING SYSTEM IS COMPATIBLE WITH ELECTRIC. All labor and all elements of the Grand Prize package must be received and completed by December 31, 2012 on a date mutually agreed to in advance between Reimer Heating and winner. NO PLUMBING OR ELECTRICAL WORK OR PERMITS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS PRIZE.
7. This Grand Prize (in its entirety) and/or all qualifying prizes will be forfeited if the selected winner or his/her legal spouse either (a) on the date of winning is not the record owner of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) that is located within the Buffalo metropolitan area (as reasonably determined by Reimer Heating and Air as part of their usual service area) or (b) on the date of winning is not listed as a tenant on a residential lease of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) that is located within the Buffalo metropolitan area (as reasonably determined by Reimer Heating and Air as part of their usual service area) and does not deliver to Station the written consent of the record owner and their landlord within ten (10) days of receiving the required consent form from Station (Station will provide the required consent form). Station reserves the right to require that the selected winner provide one or more documents to evidence eligibility and qualification (including, without limitation, deeds and/or leases). Failure to provide any requested documents by the deadline requested by the Station will result in automatic disqualification -- in which case, an alternate winner will be selected by Station in this contest from among all other qualifiers.”
8. In the event that the Grand Prize is not compatible with the existing fuel service available at the winning home, winner may either (a) arrange (at his/her sole expense) to have the required fuel service installed or), (b) accept delivery of the uninstalled furnace only, in which case the installation portion of the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize or cash value will be awarded for that part of the prize, or (c) refuse to accept the prize and sign a Prize Waiver (to be provided by Station), in which case Station may (but shall not be obligated) to award the prize to another winner (time permitting).
9. The record owner of the property where any prizes will be claimed or installed must have a standard homeowner’s insurance policy on the home before any work will commence. Station may require proof of such policy. Winners understand and agree that Station is not responsible for any delays or any damage resulting from the work in the home.
10. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Buffalo, LLC and Reimer Heating and Air Conditioning.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
11. In addition, the entrant or his/her legal spouse on the date of winning (if applicable) must be the record owner of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) OR must be listed as a tenant on a residential lease of a stand-alone or multi-family home (co-ops and condos are excluded) that is located within the Buffalo metropolitan area (as reasonably determined by Reimer Heating and Air as part of their usual service area). Tenants must obtain the written consent of the record owner and their landlord in order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize in this contest (as described further in Section 7 above).