(WBEN) An elderly Orchard Park man trying to re-fuel a running generator sparked a fire that destroyed his home and injured him and his wife.
The house on Gartman Road lost power last night near 6:30, and the unidentified homeowner fired-up a generator in his garage. The fire apparently started when he refueled the generator without letting it cool down, according to police.
The fire did extensive damage to the couple's home and burnt a Model A Ford in his garage.
The man and his wife are expected to be OK, but their home is nearly a total loss.
Fire crews were expected to assess the damage Tuesday morning after sunrise.