The Johnson Family of Wilson, New York, whose home was destroyed by a propane explosion last year has been hit by a counter lawsuit filed by NOCO, the company that was the family's propane gas supplier at the time of the explosion.
Following a family lawsuit against the company, NOCO countered with its own lawsuit alleging the home owner, Jody Johnson, disconnected the NOCO propane tank on the family property and hooked up another tank shortly before the explosion.Sarah Johnson, 14, was killed in the blast July 24th in her family's home in Wilson. Her sister Katie was seriously injured.
The original family lawsuit claims Judy Johnson, the girls' mother, called NOCO reporting the odor, but was never told to leave the house. The suit also contends the Johnsons were never given any warnings, leading the family into a false sense of security thinking the smell was an odorant added to the gas indicating the tank was empty.