Add a glass of red wine and I am in!
Here are a few more fun facts about that sweet February 14th holiday:
• More than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold each Valentine’s Day.
• Over $1 billion worth of chocolate is purchased for Valentine's Day in the U.S.
• On Valentine’s Day, men spend approximately $160, while women spend approximately $80.
• American men and women agree that the most romantic spot to share candy is in front of the fireplace.
• “Sweethearts,” heart shaped wafer candies displaying printed messages, were first created in 1866
• Valentine’s Day generates more one-week candy sales than any other holiday.
• Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for Valentine's Day in the late 1800s.
• More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day.
• American men say they'd rather receive chocolate than flowers on Valentine's Day, especially those over the age of 50.