Power outages are widespead through the region as crews from NYSEG and National Grid are working to restore power to their customers. Steve Brady, spokesman for National Grid says some customers may be waiting until Tuesday until they have power restored.
The City of Lockport was hard hit and there is a Travel Advisory for the area as well as Clarence and Amherst.
THE FLOOD WARNING IS CANCELLED FOR THE FOLLOWING RIVERS IN NEW YORK... GENESEE RIVER AT PORTAGEVILLE CAZENOVIA CREEK NEAR EBENEZER BUFFALO CREEK NEAR GARDENVILLE ...THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE FOLLOWING RIVERS IN NEW YORK... CATTARAUGUS CREEK AT GOWANDA ELLICOTT CREEK NEAR WILLIAMSVILLE TONAWANDA CREEK AT RAPIDS ALLEGHENY RIVER AT OLEAN ALLEGHENY RIVER AT SALAMANCA TONAWANDA CREEK AT BATAVIA THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE CATTARAUGUS CREEK AT GOWANDA * UNTIL THIS EVENING. * AT 12 PM SUNDAY THE STAGE WAS 10.1 FEET AND FALLING. * FLOOD STAGE IS 10.0 FEET. * MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FORECAST...THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE LATER THIS AFTERNOON. * IMPACT...AT 10.0 FEET...FLOOD STAGE...FLOODING PROBLEMS ALONG RIGHT BANK 0.5 TO 1.0 MILE DOWNSTREAM FROM GOWANDA, MOSTLY IN INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL AREAS. WATCH FOR DEVELOPING PROBLEMS ALONG THATCHER CREEK IN GOWANDA, IN TRAILER COURTS IN THE VILLAGE OF ARCADE, AND
AT SUNSET BAY AT THE MOUTH NEAR LAKE ERIE. FLOOD WATCH:
...EXCESSIVE RUNOFF AND SNOWMELT CONTINUES TODAY... HEAVY RAIN HAS ENDED ACROSS THE AREA...HOWEVER EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM 2 TO 3 INCHES OF RAIN OVER THE WEEKEND COMBINED WITH ONGOING SNOWMELT IN SOME AREAS WILL CONTINUE TO RESULT IN FLOODING OF LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS IN BOTH URBAN AND RURAL AREAS. MANY RIVERS AND SMALL STREAMS IN WESTERN NEW YORK ARE ALSO OUT OF THEIR BANKS. SEE THE LATEST FLOOD WARNINGS FOR MORE DETAILS. ...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING... THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR * PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AND WESTERN NEW YORK...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...IN CENTRAL NEW YORK...JEFFERSON...LEWIS... NORTHERN CAYUGA AND OSWEGO. IN WESTERN NEW YORK...ALLEGANY... CATTARAUGUS...CHAUTAUQUA...GENESEE...LIVINGSTON...MONROE... NIAGARA...NORTHERN ERIE...ONTARIO...ORLEANS...SOUTHERN ERIE... WAYNE AND WYOMING. * UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING. * HEAVY RAIN ALONG WITH SNOW MELT WILL RESULT IN EXCESSIVE RUNOFF AND SIGNIFICANT RISES ON AREA RIVERS AND CREEKS. MANY SMALL STREAMS AND CREEKS WILL EXCEED THEIR BANKS. * IN ADDITION TO RIVERS...FLOODING IS ALSO LIKELY IN LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS IN BOTH URBAN AND RURAL AREAS.
|I||A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS. YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP. STAY TUNED TO WEATHER RADIO OR OTHER RADIO AND TV STATIONS FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR UPDATES|
When it comes to road conditions here's the latest from NITTEC:
- Route 240 Northbound - Closed from Seneca Street to North Seneca Street in the Town of West Seneca due to flooding. Reported at 4:08 am. (ID# 676)
- Route 240 Southbound - Closed between North Seneca Street and Seneca Street in the Town of West Seneca due to flooding. Reported at 4:16 am and updated at 4:18 am. (ID# 677)
- RTE 266 Northbound - Closed between Sawyer Avenue and Route 950C (Grand Island Boulevard) in the Town of Tonawanda due to flooding. Reported at 4:39 am. (ID# 684)
- RTE 266 Southbound - Closed between Route 950C (Grand Island Boulevard) and Sawyer Avenue in the Town of Tonawanda because of flooding. Reported at 4:45 am. (ID# 685)
- South Erie - Taylor Hollow Road Northbound/Southbound is closed between Route 62 and Lenox Road in the Town of Collins due to flooding. Reported on Saturday, December 21 at 12:17 pm. Updated Sunday, December 22 at 6:30 am (ID# 613)
- South Erie - Eckhardt Road Eastbound/Westbound between Boston State Road and Henrich Rich Road in the Town of Boston is closed due to flooding. Reported on Saturday, December 21 at 1:26 pm. Updated on Sunday, December 22 at 6:30 am. (ID# 619)
- Niagara - City of Lockport has issued a travel advisory for no unnecessary travel in the City of Lockport. Reported at 7:33 am. (ID# 701)
- North Erie - Town of Amherst has issued a travel advisory for no unnecessary travel in the Town of Amherst. Reported at 8:23 am and updated at 8:24 am. (ID# 706)
- North Erie - Town of Clarence has issued a travel advisory for no unnecessary travel in the Town of Clarence. Reported at 8:25 am. (ID# 707)