Clarence, N.Y. (WBEN) - State Police say the fire that claimed two lives has been ruled accidental.
Troopers say firefighters entered the home at 5961 Goodrich Road Sunday night and found 45 year old Charles Deppa and 51 year old Denise Hackrott unconscious. Deppa was pronounced dead at the scene, Hackrott was later pronounced dead at ECMC on Monday.
Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen and determined an unattended stove was the cause of the fire.
Firefighters say the second floor of the building, an apartment above a business, was fully engulfed when they arrived.