These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by the Entercom companies and radio stations listed on Attachment A at the end of these rules (each, a “Station” and collectively, the “Stations”). A copy of these specific contest rules are available at each of the Stations’ studios during regular business hours and on each of the Stations’ websites. A complete list of addresses and websites for the Stations are listed on Attachment A.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in each Stations’ individual written general contest rules, these official contest rules govern this particular contest in the event of any conflict. THIS IS A MULTI-STATE CONTEST INVOLVING OVER 82 PARTICIPATING RADIO STATIONS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
Who Can Enter
1. Eligible contestants must be 18 years of age or older and legal U.S. residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia as of the date of entry in this contest.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Stations, contest sponsors and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and management/tour companies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners, siblings (half and full) and the steps of each of the foregoing) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
How to Enter & How to Win
3. To enter, weekdays only from July 14, 2014 at 7:00AM (in all time zones ET, CT, MT, and PT) through August 8, 2014 at 5:15PM (in all time zones ET, CT, MT and PT), listen to one of the participating Stations at approximately 7:00AM, 11:00AM, 2:00PM and 5:00PM in that Station’s respective time zone as listed on Attachment A for the specified contest Keyword (each such Keyword announcement is a “Contest Play”). The Keyword may be announced on any particular Station (and vary from Station to Station and from play to play) anywhere between five minutes before the hour until eight minutes after the hour. Entries will only be accepted between five minutes before the hour (in the event a particular Station makes an announcement prior to the top of the hour) until ten minutes past the hour in the 7:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM hours in the ET, CT, MT and PT zones (each a, “Contest Play Entry Period”).
4. When the Keyword is announced by a Station, entrants must text that specific Keyword to shortcode 72881 or enter the keyword and phone number (including area code) on the form at www.entercomcontest.com. Entries for each Contest Play will be accepted only until fifteen minutes after the hour after the Keyword announcement is made in the announcing Station’s time zone (as applicable: 7:15AM (in each applicable time zone), 11:15AM (in each applicable time zone), 2:15PM (in each applicable time zone) and 5:15PM (in each applicable time zone). In the case of text entries, only texts received at the preceding shortcode are eligible to participate in this contest. Texts to other Station shortcodes will not be valid entries in this contest.
5. The Keyword will be different for each Contest Play (4 Contest Plays per weekday).
6. One entry per phone number per contest play (for a maximum of 4 contest plays per contest day per email). Once phone has texted the keyword to the shortcode or has
been used to enter via online, that number cannot be used again for entry until the following contest play. There is a possibility that a contestant may win more than once in this Contest.
7. Following the conclusion of each Contest Play Entry Period (i.e., after the PT Stations close entry after fifteen minutes after the hour during a Contest Play), one (1) winner (subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules) will be randomly selected in a drawing from among all entries received nationally from all applicable time zones for that Contest Play (see below). There will be a total of up to four (4) national winners daily for each contest weekday.
8. Potential Winner will be notified at the telephone number from which he or she texted the entry or submitted in his or her online entry (as applicable) from within 72 business hours of being selected.
9. Any entry submitted with an incorrect Keyword for a Contest Play will be automatically disqualified without notice.
10. For text entries, standard message & data rates may apply and fees may apply even for any bounce-back message you receive – check with your carrier before entering.
11. For text entries, entrants may receive bounce back texts from Stations with information about subsequent plays of the contest but they will receive no “extra” information that is not otherwise available to the public.
12. Entrants may be provided with an opportunity to opt-in for membership/participation in Station National Contest Club as part of the entry process but accepting such membership, however, agreeing to receive emails or text messages from us is not a condition of entering or winning.
13. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts. Prize___________________________________________________________
14. Up to eighty (80) prizes will be awarded in this contest (up to 4 winners per day x 20 contesting weekdays). Each verified winner in this contest will each receive a $1,000 company check, which will be mailed to each verified winner within 8 weeks of Station’s receipt of all required completed documents and information. All completed documents and information must be received within thirty (30) days of winning. Total aggregate ARV of all prizes in the Contest is $80,000.
15. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, each winner will not be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station representatives and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
16. Prize will be made payable and mailed to winner only at the address provided by winner to Station representative after confirmation of winning. Winner is required to provide evidence of a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to be eligible to receive any prize. Winner may be required, in Station’s sole discretion, to sign one or more a Liability Release Agreements relieving the Stations and their respective parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents from any and all liability with respect to participation in this contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign such Releases and/or provide a social security number or complete or provide any other documents required by the Stations by the deadline required by Station representative will forfeit any and all contest prizes. Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. In the event a potential winner does not provide Station with documentation and paperwork required under these rules by the deadline, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
18. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won in this contest.
19. Stations reserve the right to (but not the obligation) to post some or all winner information on the Stations’ websites or social networking sites.
20. The sponsors of this contest are the Entercom companies listed on Attachment A.
Odds of Winning
21. Odds of winning depend upon number of texts received for each play of the contest.
Other General Rules that Apply to this Contest ___________________________
22. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the primary phone number of the account on the date of entry will be the recognized entrant and participants may be required to provide evidence that he or she is the primary user (e.g., phone bill) as determined in Stations’ sole discretion. In the case of a text entry, participants acknowledge that messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, Station cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. Participants acknowledge that, depending on the recipient’s mobile provider service, it may not be possible to transmit the message to the recipient successfully. Station does not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. Station does not charge a fee for this service. It is each Participant’s responsibility to check with their individual carrier, as other charges may apply. BE ADVISED THAT IN SOME CASES, TEXTS TO THE STATION WILL RESULT IN ONE OR MORE AUTOMATIC BOUNCE BACK MESSAGES, FOR WHICH PARTICIPANTS MAY INCUR A FEE FROM THEIR PROVIDER. Station assumes no responsibility for charges incurred for text-messaging, including, without limitation, as a result of any bounce back messages or contest notices from the Station.
24. Use of robotic, mechanical or other forms of pre-programmed entry methods is NOT prohibited. Stations do not intend to monitor or disqualify any contest entry on the basis of the use of such manipulation tools. Notwithstanding the foregoing, entrants are not entitled to use such manipulation tools and Stations reserve the right (in its sole discretion), from time to time, to implement entry processes that may frustrate or prohibit such automated entry; provided, however, that no contestant in any contest may rely upon or insist upon Stations’ failure or refusal to take any of the foregoing actions or to determine, in its sole discretion, that one entrant’s entry should be discounted because another entrant’s entry was or vice versa.
25. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of the Station will be final as to all matters, including, without limitation, whether any Keyword submitted is correct or not.
Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Stations. the “best” or most desirable (based on any lawful criteria Station deems desirable).
26. With respect to notification of potential winners in this contest, Station will only be required to leave one telephone message or send one text message to the number used to enter this contest (in the case of a text entry). If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any potential winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all potential winners an equal number of times or in the same communication manner.
27. Stations and its sponsors are not responsible for any technical difficulties, technical malfunctions or errors (whether technical or typographical or human) experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, internet availability, electronic problems, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any of the websites, computer virus, bug, or other errors or corruptions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing or Stations from receiving (accurately or otherwise) a phone call, an email, accessing any website (including the Stations or any third party website), or for any problem associated with the Stations website or voting website or software, internet, telephone connections, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation, voting or prize claim in any way, regardless of the cause, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer, equipment, property, software or network related to or resulting from participating in a Station contest or visiting its websites (whether as an entrant, visitor or voter). Stations and its sponsors assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a Station Contest. Stations are not responsible for any printing errors or typographical errors. If, for any reason, in the sole opinion of Stations, the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, system overload or any other causes, whether discovered or suspected by Stations, which, in sole opinion of the Stations, does or could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Contest, Stations reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, and/or provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Stations deem appropriate under the circumstances. In the event of termination, suspension or modification of this contest, a notice will be posted online and announced on-air.
28. Entercom Communications Corp. is conducting the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations that are located in various States and their respective time zones. Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. The Station’s participation in this contest during the contest dates may vary from day to day as announced on air of the affected Station, and as listed as amended in Attachment A and as noted in any applicable addendum. Station will announce participation.
28. Participating stations may individually refer to this national contest in varying ways depending on particular station’s format and what it determines to sound most appealing
to its particular audience. However, the Contest is one national contest made up of many participating stations. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
29. All entries become the property of the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry may be barred from further participation in this contest and, in Stations’ sole discretion on a case by case basis, banned from any future participation in any Stations’ contest (which Stations’ decision may not be disputed or appealed). Incomplete or illegible entries may be disqualified in Stations’ sole discretion.
30. By participating in this Contest, entrants hereby agree and each entrant hereby remises, releases and forever discharges and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Stations, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, agents and all others connected with them and the contest from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the Contest and the receipt and use of any prize(s) awarded (if any) through this Contest arising in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to an act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by Stations, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, agents and all others connected with them and this Contest.
31. By participating in this Contest, entrants hereby consent to the Stations’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast, online usage and for any other advertising and promotional purpose in any medium whatsoever without payment of any additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s entry form or any other contest submissions. By entering this Contest, entrants understand and agree that Stations may take photographs and/or videotape and/or audiotape any entrant’s participation, appearance and/or performance in connection with this Contest (before, during or after the Contest) and that Stations will own any such photos, audio and/or video and shall be free to utilize such materials in any way it sees fit during or after the Contest with no compensation to the entrants, including without limitation posting any such photographs, audio and/or videos on its website.
32. Stations reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from this Contest if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Contest rules.
31. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
32. Stations reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare the Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest and reserve the right to select a potential winner from all eligible uncompromised entries (as it determines in its sole discretion) it received through the date it terminated the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice with selecting a potential winner from all eligible entries it received up to the time Stations concluded the Contest. Material changes to the Contest rules will be broadcast on-air and/or posted online, when practical.
34. Complete contest rules are available at a participating Station’s studios as listed on Attachment A during normal business hours or go online at a participating Station’s website as listed on Attachment A.
35. Winner’s List: For a winner list, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to 401 City Avenue, Suite 809, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 addressed to “Q3 2014 Entercom National Cash Contest.” All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received after the Contest is over but prior to six (6) months after the Contest has been concluded.
Entercom Boston, LLC d/b/a WAAF, WEEI, and WVEI
• WAAF, www.waaf.com; 20 Guest Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02135
• WEEI, www.weei.com; 20 Guest Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02135
• WVEI, www.weei.com; 181 Moreland Street, Worcester, MA 01609
Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WBEN, WGR, WKSE, WLKK, and WTSS
• WBEN, www.wben.com; 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226
• WGR, www.wgr500.com; 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226
• WKSE, www.kiss985.com; 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226
• WTSS, www.mystar1025.com; 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226
Entercom Denver, LLC d/b/a KALC, KEZW, KOSI, and KQMT
• KALC, www.alice1059.com; 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237
• KEZW, www.studio1430.com; 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237
• KOSI, www.kosi101.com; 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237
Entercom Greensboro, LLC d/b/a WJMH, WPAW, WQMG, and WSMW
• WJMH, www.102jamz.com; 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409
WPAW, www.931wolfcountry.com; 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409
• WQMG, www.wqmg.com; 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409
• WSMW, www.987simon.com; 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409
Entercom Indianapolis, LLC, d/b/a WNTR, WXNT. And WZPL
• WNTR, www.indysmix.com; 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260
• WXNT, www.cbssports1430.com; 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260
• WZPL, www.wzpl.com; 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Entercom Milwaukee, LLC d/b/a WMYX, WSSP, and WXSS
• WMYX, www.991themix.com; 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corner, WI 53130
• WSSP, www.sportsradio1250.com; 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corner, WI 53130
• WXSS, www.1037kissfm.com; 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corner, WI 53130
Entercom New Orleans, LLC d/b/a WEZB, WKBU, WLMG, and WWL
• WEZB, www.b97.com; 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130
• WKBU, www.bayou957.com; 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130
• WLMG, www.magic1019.com; 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130
• WWL,www.wwl.com; 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130
WWWL,www.3wl1350.com; 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130
Entercom Norfolk, LLC d/b/a WNVZ, WPTE, WVKL, and WWDE
• WNVZ, www.z104.com; 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
• WPTE, www.pointradio.com; 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
• WVKL, www.957rnb.com; 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
• WWDE, www.thenew1013.com ; 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Entercom Portland, LLC, d/b/a KFXX, KGON, KRSK, KWJJ, and KYCH
• KFXX,www.1080thefan.com; 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239
• KGON,www.kgon.com; 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239
• KRSK, www.1051thebuzz.com; 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239
• KWJJ, www.thewolfonline.com; 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239
• KYCH, www.charliefm.com; 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239
Entercom Sacramento, LLC d/b/a KBZC, KDND, KRXQ, and KSEG
• KBZC,www.star1065.com;5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841
• KDND,www.endonline.com;5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841*
• KRXQ, www.krxq.net; 5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841
• KSEG,www.eagle969.com;5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841**
Entercom San Francisco, LLC d/b/a KBLX, KGMZ, KOIT, and KUFX
• KBLX, www.kblx.com; 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103
• KGMZ, www.957thegame.com; 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103
• KOIT, www.koit.com; 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103
• KUFX, www.kfox.com; 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103
Entercom Seattle, LLC d/b/a KISW, KKWF, KHTP, and KNDD
• KHTP, www.hot1037seattle.com; 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101*
KISW, www.kisw.com;1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101
• KKWF, www.seattlewolf.com;1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101
* - KHTP will only participate from 7/28/14-8/8/14.
Entercom Springfield, LLC d/b/a WVEI
• WVEI, www.weei.com;1350 Main Street, Suite 1206, Springfield, MA 01103
Entercom Wichita, LLC d/b/a KDGS, KEYN, KFBZ, KFH, and KNSS
• KDGS, www.power939.com;2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208
• KEYN, www.keyn.com;2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208
• KFBZ, www.1053thebuzz.com;2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208
• KFH, www.kfhradio.com;2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208
• KNSS, www.knssradio.com;2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208
Entercom Wilkes-Barre, LLC d/b/a WGGY, WILK, and WKRZ
• WGGY, www.froggy101.com; PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640
WHBS, www.sportshub102.com; PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640
• WILK, www.wilknewsradio.com; PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640
• WKRZ, www.985krz.com; PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640