Sexual misconduct

FILE - In this Jan. 3, 2018, file photo, California state Sen. Tony Mendoza, D-Artesia, announces that he will take a month-long leave of absence while an investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against him are completed in Sacramento, Calif. When lawmakers return from the President's Day weekend, Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2018, they will learn whether the investigation cleared Mendoza or sets him up for possible expulsion. (AP Photo/Steve Yeater, File)
February 20, 2018 - 9:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A California senator likely engaged in unwanted flirtatious or sexually suggestive behavior with six women he worked with, including four subordinates, according to an independent investigation released Tuesday. The investigation, which was conducted by outside lawyers at...
Read More
In this image taken from video, Mark Goldring, CEO of Oxfam GB, gives evidence before the Commons Development Committee at Portcullis House, London, Tuesday Feb. 20, 2018. British lawmakers are set to question officials of two anti-poverty charities Tuesday amid concern sex predators are targeting aid organizations because of the chaotic environments in which they work. (PA via AP)
February 20, 2018 - 9:04 am
LONDON (AP) — Oxfam's leadership apologized Tuesday for downplaying the significance of a sexual misconduct scandal in Haiti and sought to stem the tide of cancelled donations. Addressing British lawmakers, Oxfam Great Britain CEO Mark Goldring apologized early and often for a lack of transparency...
Read More
Wynn Resorts new CEO Matt Maddox reacts as he speaks during an interview at Wynn Las Vegas Monday, Feb. 19, 2018, in Las Vegas. Maddox says he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced in a news report last month. He was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)
February 20, 2018 - 1:56 am
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The new CEO of Las Vegas-based Wynn Resorts said he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced last month. Matt Maddox, who was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned, added that people should "hold off making...
Read More
Wynn Resorts new CEO Matt Maddox reacts as he speaks during an interview at Wynn Las Vegas Monday, Feb. 19, 2018, in Las Vegas. Maddox says he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced in a news report last month. He was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)
February 19, 2018 - 11:33 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The new CEO of Las Vegas-based Wynn Resorts said he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced last month. Matt Maddox, who was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned, added that people should "hold off making...
Read More
FILE: _ This is a May 21, 2015 file photo of an Oxfam store in London. Oxfam’s deputy chief executive on Monday Feb. 12, 2018 resigned amid the scandal involving sex abuse in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake. Penny Lawrence says she’s ashamed of what happened on her watch. Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt is demanding that Oxfam show moral accountability and provide full disclosure about the case. She has threatened to pull public funding unless the charity reveals everything it knows about allegations. (Nick Ansell/PA via AP, file)
February 19, 2018 - 6:25 pm
LONDON (AP) — Oxfam workers suspected of sexual misconduct in Haiti intimidated and threatened a witness as the charity investigated the original claims, according to the organization's report on the internal inquiry. The findings were part of a previously confidential report released by Oxfam on...
Read More
February 19, 2018 - 5:00 am
LONDON (AP) — Oxfam's report on sexual misconduct allegations in Haiti shows that three staff members intimidated and physically threatened witnesses as the charity investigated the original claims. The organization released the findings of its investigation Monday, following reports suggesting...
Read More
Director Martin McDonagh, from left, producer Peter Czernin, actors Sam Rockwell, Frances McDormand and producer Graham Broadbent pose for photographers backstage with their Best Film awards for 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' at the BAFTA 2018 Awards in London, Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018. (Photo by Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP)
February 18, 2018 - 5:18 pm
LONDON (AP) — Ferocious female-led tragicomedy "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" was the big winner Sunday at the British Academy Film Awards in London, where women demanding an end to harassment, abuse and inequality dominated the ceremony. Martin McDonagh's film about a bereaved mother...
Read More
Actor Daniel Kaluuya poses with his Rising Star award for 'Get Out' backstage at the BAFTA 2018 Awards in London, Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018. (Photo by Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP)
February 18, 2018 - 2:58 pm
LONDON (AP) — Many stars heeded a call to wear black to Sunday's British Academy Film Awards, using the celebration of U.K. and international cinema to call for an end to sexual harassment, bullying and inequality across society. Several female stars brought feminist activists and anti-violence...
Read More
FILE - In this Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017 file photo, a bronze alloy BAFTA mask stands in a foundry in West Drayton, London, ahead of the award ceremony in February. Designed by US sculptor Mitzi Cunliffe in 1955, New Pro Foundries has been making the bronze casts since the ceremony was created in 1976. The red carpet will be a sea of black as the movement against sexual misconduct takes center stage at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday Feb. 18, 2018. (Photo by Joel Ryan/Invision/AP, File)
February 18, 2018 - 7:38 am
LONDON (AP) — Almost 200 British female entertainment stars called for an international movement to end sexual misconduct across society in a letter published ahead of Sunday's British Academy Film Awards. Kate Winslet, Kristin Scott Thomas, Emma Thompson, Naomie Harris, Emma Watson and Gemma...
Read More
February 18, 2018 - 7:28 am
LONDON (AP) — The widower of a slain British legislator has stepped down from two charities set up in her memory after allegations of sexual misconduct in the past were reported. Brendan Cox said late Saturday night he had acted inappropriately and would leave his positions at the Jo Cox Foundation...
Read More

Pages